Halo Leisure has and will always work to see equality and diversity embedded into its leisure centres and ways of working. Likewise the fairness, respect and inclusion that powers and promotes a positive environment.
We are working with the National Centre for Diversity and are committed to attaining Investors in Diversity status. This is a nationally recognised accreditation that recognises excellence in equality and diversity.
That’s why next month we will be inviting you to help us make sure it’s front and centre of what we do, starting with a specially designed Halo Leisure Investors in Diversity assessment survey for our customers.
This is a survey around Fairness, Respect, Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Engagement (FREDIE for short), each defined below. It’s not a test, there are no right or wrong answers, is completely anonymous (unless you want to be entered into the prize draw) and takes no more than 10 minutes to complete, but it will drive the changes we all want to see at your local Halo leisure centre.
While this is quite literally a tick-box survey, we never want our commitment to diversity to be a tick-box exercise. We want Halo to create a culture that benefits every single person who walks through the door - be that customer or staff. We want to be Investors in Diversity – nationally recognised for Excellence in this arena. Your input as a valued customer can help make that happen and make sure that Halo embraces diversity amongst its customers and staff in relation to:
- Gender reassignment
- Marriage and civil partnership
- Pregnancy and maternity
- Religion and belief
- Sexual orientation
The big six
What is important to Halo Leisure:
- Fairness: the quality of being reasonable, right and just.
- Respect : having due regard for the feelings, wishes,or rights of others.
- Equality: where every person has equal rights and every person has a fair chance. It’s an approach where there is recognition that different people have different starting points.
- Diversity: this means different. We are all different so diversity includes us all. The concept of diversity encompasses acceptance and respect. It means understanding that each individual is unique, and recognising our individual differences.
- Inclusion: where every person feels respected, valued and knows they fit in with organisational culture.
- Engagement: this is based on trust, integrity, two way commitment and communication between an organisation and its members.
So look out for an email or a message on our facebook which should reach you by 26th September AND don’t forget everyone who completes the survey is entered into a prize draw to win £150 High Street vouchers.