With Halo Leisure you'll find a range of activities to keep you fit and active, but if the Gym and exercise classes are particularly up your street, then you are in for a treat.
With centres across Herefordshire and Bridgend County Borough, each one offers it's own mix of exercise classes and/or gym. We have over 165 different exercise classes to chose form in Herefordshire and 100 in Bridgend County Borough!
Each Halo Gym offers the latest, simple to use fitness equipment; air conditioning and entertainment to give you the tools and the goals for a great workout.
Bridgend County Borough offers the very latest in top of the range machines with the Technogym and Wellness System in Bridgend Recreation Centre, Maesteg Sports Centre and Ynysawdre Swimming Pool and Fitness Centre. This latest technology tracks and charts your fitness levels and programmes. It is a state of the art interactive and motivational tool which stores personalised gym workout programmes, giving feedback and guidance. Your personalised fitness programme is stored on a key with programmes updated by Fitness Instructors, keeping you regularly in touch with your personal Instructor.
Personal Fitness Plan
Every new member receives a Personal Fitness Plan, created in consultation with a member of our fully qualified team. Your programme will offer you a personalised exercise programme to match your goals and requirements.
Becoming fitter and healthier doesn’t have to involve slaving away on the treadmill. Our group exercise classes offer a great alternative to the gym, and the variety of classes on offer mean there is something for everyone.
Our centres run hundreds of classes including:
|Body Balance||Body Pump||Dance Mats||Belly Dancing|
|Aqua Circuits||Boxercise||Over 50s+||Many more!...|
Why choose Group Exercise?
• Our qualified and experienced instructors will guide you through a structured workout session.
• You’ll receive constant advice, support and motivation from the start of the class right through to the end.
• Exercising to music adds fun and variety to your weekly exercise routine.
• Having a set day and time to exercise really helps you stick to it.
• Our fantastic variety of classes means you’re able to find the right class to suit you.
• Exercising as part of a group is a great way to meet new people or exercise with your friends.
• Most of the classes last for an hour or less, so it’s over and done with before you know it!
Did you know?
• People who take part in group fitness are less likely to stop exercising than those who don’t.
• Many studies show that more of your ‘feel good’ hormone (endorphins) are released when exercising in a group, than when you’re training on your own.
• You don’t have to have great rhythm or coordination to exercise to music. Whatever your abilities, we have the class for you!
Workouts for all generations!
We have some great classes that are tailored just for young people, from circuits to dance classes and everything in between. For the young at heart, we also have a great range of classes that are especially suited to offer lower intensity, including gentle mobility and aqua classes.
Group Exercise Classes are included in your Halo Complete Membership. If you are doing 2 classes a week, it is more cost effective to take out a membership package - speak to your local halo centre for details on how you can save money whilst you work out!
Halo Herefordshire for April 2013 -September 2013 click here to view the timetable
Halo Bridgend County timetables can be downloaded below:
Class descriptions on offer in at Halo Bridgend County and Herefordshire click here
Complete Membership will give you great value to unlimited access to gyms and classes along with a host of other activities from racket sports to golf (Herefordshire only). Click here for more information or to sign up please call:
Halo Herefordshire 0300 012 1222
Halo Bridgend County Borough 0330 012 1223
or ask at your local Halo Centre or complete our contact form and we'll contact you.
Please be aware:
• First entry into any activity is a maximum of 15 minutes before the scheduled start time.
• Last entry into any activity is a maximum of 10 minutes after the scheduled start time.
• Before anyone can participate in the gym or group exercise classes, they must read the Health Commitment Statement. Please let us know if you have any medical conditions that we may need to be aware of.
All activities have a limited number of spaces available and some activities can be pre-booked up to seven days in advance
Before you start any form of exercise, please read the Halo Health Commitment Statement.